Author Topic: List of Indiana Jones Fan Adventures  (Read 86894 times)

blueskirt

• Explorer
  • I'm a doctor!
Re: List of Indiana Jones Fan Adventures
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 11:30:26 PM »
The announcement regarding the cancellation of LucasFan's Raiders of the Lost Ark project was done in such a cryptic way, I am not sure it is accurate to list it as dead or cancelled. The announcement was made when KQ9.org received their C&D letter from Vivendi, LucasFan closed the website fearing the same thing could happen to the project. Their website is still online 3 years after the announcement was made, if the project was cancelled the website would surely have disappeared completly by now. The message on the website is also unclear: "Recent events have forced us to shut down our web appearance." Shutting down their web appearance not the project...

I don't know what LucasFan was planning, but the entire thing successfully reached the same state as Big Foot or Elvis, nobody has concrete proofs but everyone believes or wants to believe it's still alive.

fandango

• Laureate Professor
  • "i feel the need, the need, the need for SPEED"
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 09:33:09 AM »
thats exactly my sentiment... i, too, think, the website would have been shut down completely, and they would have had a different announcement... they really NEVER said "we shut down the efforts for the game"... actually, you could translate the things they DID say as "sorry, but we're going underground now"
"Rubbish, Ravenwood's no Nazi!"

Dr. Jones

• Student
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 02:01:35 PM »
As for the FoA2 demos: If anyone finds an old demo, please let me know and we'll be happy to host it for all those who were searching too :)
I found these two engine demos of FOA2 on my HD:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-1232855/FOA2-Demo1-2.zip.html

fandango

• Laureate Professor
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 02:16:26 PM »
hey, thanks for those demos! but after starting them, i must say, there were even more than 2 demos released... i'll see if i can find them someplace

Lando

• Laureate Professor
  • Real Guybrush
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 02:40:33 PM »
You guys are great, thanks for all the files and information!

I didn't give up the LucanFan game completely too but as long as we don't have any proof for a continuing development I think it's adequate to classify it as "Dead (apparently)" ;)

fandango

• Laureate Professor
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 03:20:27 PM »
true... better not expect anything and be nicely surprised when they release, than vice versa

VP

• Professor
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 08:21:20 PM »
Amberfish Arts released a first engine test of IP-SCUMM 2.0 on March 20, 2004. http://theraider.net/newsarchives/miscellaneaus/2004_march.php

You can download it from http://indyville.fi/tiedostot/ip-scumm-test1-win32.zip

K2BJoker

• Student
  • *PHEW* Feels like a blast furnace!
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 12:14:25 AM »
Lando will you turn on to green Thunder in the Orient we put some new screenshots in the website and we start the work with the Visionaire Studio. ;D

Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth - Indy is back!

Lando

• Laureate Professor
  • Real Guybrush
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 06:36:01 PM »
Lando will you turn on to green Thunder in the Orient we put some new screenshots in the website and we start the work with the Visionaire Studio. ;D

done.

Grim107

• Explorer
  • Snakes...Why'd it have to be snakes?
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »
Hi, I'm the leader of Juggernaut Games (Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Pharos). I'm sorry to inform everyone, but our project is as of December 18, canceled. My programmer left due to personal reasons. We may begin production again in 2 years. If anyone here would like to help me with the project, it can once again begin production right away. Thanks everyone.

One last word. Show us your support by showing other fan projects your support. Please remain loyal to everyone here at Barnettcollege.com and please check out Indiana Jones and the Crown of Solomon.

Lando

• Laureate Professor
  • Real Guybrush
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 08:14:27 PM »
Hi, I'm the leader of Juggernaut Games (Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Pharos). I'm sorry to inform everyone, but our project is as of December 18, canceled. My programmer left due to personal reasons. We may begin production again in 2 years. If anyone here would like to help me with the project, it can once again begin production right away. Thanks everyone.

That's sad news, but thanks for the status update!

One last word. Show us your support by showing other fan projects your support. Please remain loyal to everyone here at Barnettcollege.com and please check out Indiana Jones and the Crown of Solomon.

Thank you for your kind words. I think we are all enthusiastic Indy fans who love to play at least one of the other promising current projects in the next few years... and certainly FoY :)

VP

• Professor
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 11:41:14 PM »
Releases: Playable Demo (anybody got a working link?)
http://indyville.fi/tiedostot/spear_of_destiny.zip

Also update the FoA 2 links I posted earlier.

Lando

• Laureate Professor
  • Real Guybrush
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2008, 02:57:45 AM »
Releases: Playable Demo (anybody got a working link?)
http://indyville.fi/tiedostot/spear_of_destiny.zip

Also update the FoA 2 links I posted earlier.

Thanks alot! I'm gonna try to run the SoD demo tomorrow!

MaxTech

• Porter
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
Hey Guys,

now the sop-sprites online!

http://secretofpandora.org/pandora/game_eng02.html

Snaker8

• Professor
  • Game/Web Creator - Fellow game player
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 01:44:09 AM »
Hey, I was just exploring various Indy game websites, and I found that the address for Thunder of the Orient has been removed.  Perhaps it is cancelled, or has moved, or what?
If you could update it, that would be great.