Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/damiez/domains/miez.nl/public_html/yabbse/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Indy & teh Crystal Cursor - playable 15 room demo

Author Topic: Indy & teh Crystal Cursor - playable 15 room demo  (Read 14411 times)

Mark

• Administrator
  • Archeologist
Indy & teh Crystal Cursor - playable 15 room demo
« on: June 25, 2010, 03:18:18 AM »

"The man in the hat is...confused."

Demo version 1.0 - the first ever version with massive plot holes
Demo version 1.1 - the 2nd version but still with massive plot holes
Demo version 1.2 - third version, fixed a code problem stopping players proceed  :-[

Please note, this game was wiped during a system crash. It is therefore cancelled now. Soz

Version 1.2 is a working, good version (check the readme.txt file) but earlier versions have some problems. See the following thread for help and a fix if needed plus hints and tips at http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=41291.msg546410#msg546410

Join Indy in this indie adventure that will indeed have you in de mood for some indecent adventuring!

The Crystal Cursors is really just me playing with AGS and using our great hero Indy. He begins an adventure to discover a great ancient tool that holds un-natural powers. It started off as a total spoof but then I decided to add some puzzles and stuff, and that meant the development of a storyline. It could probably be a whole lot funnier but it's really just been a test game for me. The graphics and music are all from previous works so that I could just rattle on and improve (or ruin) my coding skillz. I learnt all about FollowCharacter and GlobalInts which is an adventure in itself. Hardly.

What I actually learnt is always ditch GlobalInts for Sliders. And the project I coded after this has benefited alot from that! But does not feature a following charactoid :(.

Consider yourself a beta tester!

See the amazing features of this game:
No costume changes!
Sparse sound FX
No moving red line*
Lots of un-original artwork
Unfinished dialogue
Minimal animation!
Stupid puzzles

Please consult the README.TXT file for further amazing features.

What more could you want?  ::)

Will this ancient site stand to tell the tale of having an Indy in it?

This is by no means a bug free version and as you'll see the last third of the game does not exist at this point. I have tried to clean what I had as much as possible. It's just here to enjoy and primarily for me to tinker with. But I thought I'd share it with you good folk. Please do not take it too seriously :) And if you get confused, that's part of the package! If it's a totally original piece with a compelling story you're looking for - it's called Fountain of Youth ;) Or Crown of Solomon! Or Resonance. Or Oceanspirit Dennis: Skyward Haircut...

It's suitable for all ages. Thanks to the folk who have unknowingly contributed, and I expect a law suit soon.

* Ok, there are a couple of badly animated red lines

Enjoy :)

Current version problems & pending issues for next version: Push/pull and close are not used. Remove "use" exit points.

FOR HINTS TXT +447506946936 - STANDARD NETWORK RATE - NON-UK RESIDENTS NO REPLY GAURANTEED
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:54:22 PM by Mark »
Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

indiana java!

fandango

• Laureate Professor
  • "i feel the need, the need, the need for SPEED"
Re: Crystal Cursor demo
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 11:28:47 AM »
ok, im right now downloading it, looking forward to give it a first run in lunchbreak! a new FoY/FoA-Style game OMG OMG OMG :D
"Rubbish, Ravenwood's no Nazi!"

Lando

• Laureate Professor
  • Real Guybrush
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 04:31:12 PM »
wow, thank you Mark that was very entertaining! Loved the mix of FoA and FoY graphics, also you spent lot of attention to event-based music. So I really loved the atmosphere.

The only annoying thing has been that you have to "use" the exit points. Also there is a mayor bug if you are returning to New York a second time, you can't leave the Sam n Max screen.

But overall you spent a whole lot time in details! Congratulations to that little experiment. It's absoulety worth playing!

Mark

• Administrator
  • Archeologist
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 12:53:04 AM »
haha! Thanks Lando, I do appreciate you playing it :) Thanks for letting me know about the major bug, I hope to have a newer version online tomorrow and that would've been overlooked otherwise! Take care, and thanks again!
Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

indiana java!

Chris14

• Porter
  • Treat me gently - I'm new.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 01:27:41 AM »
Great fun Mark! Having a little trouble though... unsure as to what to do in the cave in "Scotland". Can't seem to do anything with the box... use yields "maybe I could try opening it". Open yields "I don't need to do that". Any ideas?

Mark

• Administrator
  • Archeologist
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 01:33:30 AM »
Thanks Chris! Haha yes "Scotland"...I see you opted for the free forum instead of the premium rate TXT helpline ;) I think outside the cave you've missed somewhere else to visit. Have fun! :)
Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

indiana java!

Chris14

• Porter
  • Treat me gently - I'm new.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 01:41:20 AM »
Cheers Mark :-D

Mark

• Administrator
  • Archeologist
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 02:54:32 PM »
No problem! I've updated the file so you will no longer get stuck in NY  :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 03:06:15 PM by Mark »
Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

indiana java!

SilverShadow

• Student
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 01:13:27 PM »
Wow great game you made there!!  ;D
But right now I'm stuck after visiting both locations to find the script. What to do now?

SilverShadow

• Student
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 01:20:10 PM »
I forgot: I already found the schedule

SilverShadow

• Student
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 01:56:51 PM »
Ok, i just found it out for myself  ;D
(Sorry for tripple post, but there's no edit)

Can you explain to us what "Coming Soon" means?  :D

Mark

• Administrator
  • Archeologist
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »
Glad you succeeded! "Soon" means once I've finished some other stuff I'll get round to finishing the last few rooms of this one ;) "Costa Rica" is pretty much done, it's just your return to Scotland and the ending to finish.
Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

indiana java!

selmiak

• Explorer
Re: Cyrstal Cursor demo ;)
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 01:37:46 PM »
what's wrong with my AGS/win7?

Look how it renders the talking font!

the same happened on inside monkey island, the italian MI fangame :(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 12:54:38 AM by selmiak »

miez

• Administrator
  • Archeologist
  • I sell these fine leather bullwhips.
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
Wait a minute! Some of the art looks a little familiar! ;D
Excellent game, m0dsy - haven't finished it yet but I've already taken a 100 bucks from that crackpot in Scotland :D

Mark

• Administrator
  • Archeologist
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »
Haha, spend it wisely Misja! Or, never encounter any reference or inventory object of it ever again.. But yes some of your earliest works are there, too good to lose!

selmiak - looks like you're running it in a res too high for it to cope with. Best settings are 320x200 or 640x480 with 2x graphics filter (for me). It's just a matter of tweaking the winsetup.exe in the folder. Let me know if it works or not!

Thanks for playing chaps :)
Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

indiana java!